As I wrote in my previous post, I had decided that I would weave a small Navajo motif for my demonstration day at the Tapestry Exhibition in Nuneaton. So I warped up my small frame loom with a sett of 8 epi and took it with me on holiday (which is where I have been for the last couple of weeks), along with everything I would need to make a start. The colour scheme was decided to make use of rug wool that I had in stock. I had only intended to do just enough to get it going, however I got a bit carried away as you can see here:
I only worked a very small amount each day but having got this far, with fingers intching to continue and another week of my holiday still to go, I decided I might as well finish it. So now I will have to come up with another design to work on my demo day at the Nuneaton Gallery. Here is the finished piece before being removed from the loom. It measures 8 ins x 9.5 ins:
The intention with this piece was that it should be fairly simple so that I could talk while working and also I could use it to show how tapestry is built up in sections. I would now like to design something else that will fulfil the same criteria to weave at the exhibition. I have one or two ideas I am playing with, but I only have a few days in which to make the final decision. For now I will cut off the Navajo piece and prepare to re-warp the frame loom.
If you are in the area on Tuesday next, 1st July, and can get along to the Riversley Gallery in Nuneaton, Warwickshire I shall be there from about 10.30 am until 4.00 pm and would love to see you.